The BSc in Music, Media & Performance Technology will develop the technical and creative skills required to be successful media practitioners in both the music and media industries. It involves both small group and individual tuition to develop digital instrumental and media skills, as well as seminar, class and laboratory-based learning. The course emphasises the principles and application of digital media practice.The aim of the programme is to equip students with degree level competence in music, media and performance technologies who, on graduation, will be capable of making a significant contribution to the continuing development and growth of the Digital Arts, the Music Technology and Media industries and more broadly across other sectors that use digital media technologies.
Facilities include a state of the art digital recording studio and post production facility based around industry standard hard disk recording systems (ProTools) and includes dedicated facilities for surround sound mixing and mastering. The studio complex is networked with the music technology laboratory equipped with computer music and audio workstations.The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To provide students with understanding and expertise in music and video digital media technologies.
- To provide students with the understanding and skills for the creative use of music and video digital media.
- To give students the expertise needed for them to take an active role in the diverse field of digital media.
- To support students in developing a critical and independent approach to problem solving to help them reach their full potential throughout their careers.
- To develop the students’ capacity to learn by his/her own resources.