- The application process for the academic year 2014/2015 is now open. Applicants who meet the entry requirements will be called for interview. Applications are dealt with on an ongoing basis. The application deadline has been extended to Friday 18th July 2014
- Places are limited and early application is advised.
- Application is carried out through the University of Limerick Postgraduate office. To apply online please see: www.graduateschool.ul.ie
Acceptance for the course is based on a combination of musical/compositional ability, academic record, technological capacity, and interview. Prospective candidates should possess either
- a primary degree with first or second-class honours (Level 8 – National Qualifications Authority of Ireland or equivalent) and demonstrable musical experience or,
- an equivalent capability based on significant and substantial prior professional experience is acceptable.
Candidates should also ensure that they possess a knowledge of music theory equivalent to Grade 4 (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music). It is not necessary to complete the grade 4 exam.
All suitably qualified applicants will be called for interview.
The course is funded through the HEA Graduate Skills Conversion program which provides for a reduced tuition fee for EU students. Please see scholarships and funding for details.