- The application process for the academic year 2014/2015 is now closed. Application for 2015/16 will open in January. Applicants who meet the entry requirements will be called for interview. Applications are dealt with on an ongoing basis.
- Places are limited and early application is advised.
- Application is carried out through the University of Limerick Postgraduate office. To apply online please see: www.graduateschool.ul.ie
Acceptance for the course is based on a combination of musical/compositional ability, academic record, technological capacity, and interview. Prospective candidates should possess either
- a primary degree with first or second-class honours (Level 8 – National Qualifications Authority of Ireland or equivalent) and demonstrable musical experience or,
- an equivalent capability based on significant and substantial prior professional experience is acceptable.
Candidates should also ensure that they possess a knowledge of music theory equivalent to Grade 4 (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music). It is not necessary to complete the grade 4 exam.
All suitably qualified applicants will be called for interview.
The course is funded through the HEA Graduate Skills Conversion program which provides for a reduced tuition fee for EU students. Please see scholarships and funding for details.