Call for Papers & Presentations
Following the open call for films, Light Moves Festival of Screendance is pleased to announce its call for presentations and paper proposals for inclusion at the Light Moves Symposium 2015: ‘Peeling away the layers’ The symposium sits within a festival and aims to encourage artistic and scholarly exchange, debate and discussion in screendance and related disciplines including performance, dance, film, visual arts, sound and text. Proposals are invited from practitioners and scholars for max 20 minute presentations. Experimental and/or group formats of presentation are welcome.
SYMPOSIUM THEME The theme for this year’s symposium is ‘Peeling away the layers’. Papers and project presentations may include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Screendance as a language for social, cultural and political conversations.
- Let’s talk about digital: Challenging the allure of High Definition/The ubiquitous camera/Primitive technologies, embracing artefact and rediscovering lo-fi
- Screendance conventions and the interplay between mainstream and experimental practices
- Mediating and experiencing time in screendance (uninterrupted, compressed and expanded time)
- Harnessing performativity; liveness in screendance
- Confronting stereotype (body, dance, location)
For further information click here